Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chickpea Cookies


Hello everyone,

I'm sitting at my desk,all snuggled up in a blue oversize sweater with greasy hair keeping me company,tipping up some blog post and sipping hot ginger tea.HELL YES IT'S SUNDAY!
I've just had pumpkin curry and the Arctic Monkeys are playing in the background....Can life get any better? I don't think so ;)
I'm all over baking right know,I've baked chickpea cookies yesterday and I might make some tomorrow too.My baking addiction is real guys!No I'm just being cheeky,passion is a good thing right?

Anyway,chickpeas have proven themselves as reliable baking friends;they make pastry crumbly,keeping the texture perfectly moist.I might try to bake an apple pie next week,using this cookie recipe for the crust.Wish me luck,I will report back on it next week!
By the way,I really recommend using almond extract it makes the cookies taste like frangipane pastry <3

Chickpea Cookies
makes about 12 cookies

Ingredients -1 can chickpeas -3/4 cup oat flour -1 cup dates -1 tsp baking soda -4 tbsp melted coconut oil or apple sauce -1 tbsp vanilla or almond extract -1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)

1.Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

2.Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until you get a cookie like dough.

3.Slightly wet your hand before taking 1 tbsp of dough and rolling it into a ball,place it on the baking sheet and gently press down to form a cookie.

4.Bake for 20 min.Let them cool before eating <3.

Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment